Sunday, January 15, 2012

Tilda with Heart Lace

Hi, Friends. I hope you’ve enjoyed your weekend. Ours is coming to an end very quickly. I finished a card this afternoon. I had all my papers, sketch and image picked out and ready to go yesterday but needed to put it all together.
I received this sweet little “Tilda with Heart Lace” stamp and other goodies from Magnolia as a secret prize for the Magnolia-licious Highlites Wrapped Up Holiday Contest. And since St. Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, believe it or not, I just had to use her. She is from the “You Are So Special” collection.
I colored Tilda with Copics and used my Sharpie White Poster Paint pen to give her dress a polka dot pattern. This is a new technique I thought of while coloring her dress andjust had to try it. It was so fun and easy. The dots are shaded with my W5, W3 & W1 Copics for the shadows on her dress. Here's a close up of Tilda.

I made the butterfly embellishment myself using some Sheer red ribbon cut in a butterfly shape, tinsel glitter, Stickles, beads, wire and rhinestones. I’ve made several of these type of embellies so you are sure to see more of them on my projects. 

Here’s the rest of the supplies I used for my card.

Designer Papers – BoBunny Crush Collection
New Spellbinders – Heart Circles Die
Ribbon – Michaels
Flowers – Wild Orchid Crafts
Leaves – Cut from Martha Stewart Scandinavian Snowflake punch
Pearls - Reflections

These are the Copics I used to color Tilda.

I’m entering my project in the following Challenges:

Magnolia-licious Challenge – Pink, White & Red
Make it Monday – Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp – Dots & Stripes
7 Kids College Fund – Try Something New
Crafty Catz – Use Something New (Stamp & Die)
Magnolia-licious Highlites – Anything Goes
Hooked on Craft Challenges - Try Something New
 

Thanks for stopping by. I’ll have another fun Valentine’s Day project for you tomorrow…Until then have a great evening. 

Hugz,

40 comments:

Karen said...

Beautiful card! : )

Cami said...

Lovely card! You did a superb job coloring Tilda and cutting her out. Love the layout and papers, too!

Luanne said...

Gorgeous card! love the layout and the glittered butterfly.

Luanne
craftersreference.blogspot.com

Barb Hardeman said...

Beautiful job on this card! Your polka dots are adorable and your coloring is wonderful. Fabulous sketch and embellishments...hugs...Barb

Sandy said...

Hey Cathy Lee - your card is so cute and I love red and white!
sandy

Raven B said...

wow WOW is pretty much all I keep saying this turned out so beautifully!!! Found your blog through MIM!!! ;)

Hugs,
Raven

Christine said...

Wow, your card is amazing!! I love your polka dot technique on her dress. It is perfect!! I thought it was patterned paper!! I love all of your embellishments too. So glad that I got to stop by your blog and see your card!! Thank you for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog.
xoxo, Christine

cabio's craft corner said...

Beautiful and darling Tilda card Cathy. Thank you so much for joining us at the Magnolia-licious Color Challenge :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Manderly said...

My goodness, your card is beautiful! The coloring is fantastic and what a great idea for a butterfly! I like the idea of being able to make your own embellishments. Thank you for posting to MIM.

loz said...

Stunning card and colouring Cathy.. Saw this on MIM..Loz

Suzi Mac said...

Absolutely Gorgeous Cath, love the colouring and that fantastic butterfly.
Hugs
Suzi x

Unknown said...

Absolutely stunning card and i really love that butterfly!!!! Your coloring is superb!!!!! Fabulous card!!!!

Unknown said...

Just saw this on MIM! Absolutely stunning card, love the colour combinations and just absolutely beautiful design!
Nat -x-

Louise said...

Gorgeous card, love the papers and the butterfly is awesome
Louise

EnblogSail said...

Whoa! such a cheery and awesome card!
Caryl

Kelly said...

I love how you did her dress and the shading is perfect. Exceptional Valentine card, love it.

Karen said...

Gorgeous card! Awesome job coloring the dress. Your butterfly is adorable.

Karen

Marjorie said...

Wow what a stunner!! love the colours and you have cut her out so beautifully...
Saw this on Make it Monday..
Hugs,
Marjorie
xx

Janiel/ janny said...

CathyLee....... this is stunning!!! Loving the dies that you have used and the dots on the dress is a perfect detail!!!!!!

thanks for joining us at the Magnolia-licious Highlites challenge.
hugs.....

Janette said...

Really stunning card, so love the colours, thanks for sharing it with us at CraftyCatz this week.xx

Elle said...

Your card is darling. I love the pinks.

Diana Crick said...

I am glad you enjoyed your goodies from Magnolia. You have created an absolutely stunning card. The polka dotted dress is so, so sweet and adds interest to your card. Gorgeous!
Maggie and Edwinie hugs, Diana

Krafty Hugzz Kenzi x said...

Oh hun I saw ur card on MIM and had to take a closer look, its fantastic, I love what you did with the dress, it looks Fab, everything goes really well together, thanks for sharing your little work of art hun
Love Kenzi xx

1CardCreator said...

She's a real beauty - so many wonderful details, love the glitter and layering. Saw you at Make it Monday. ~Diane

Sylvia said...

Your coloring is gorgeous. Especcialy the dress with the dots on it. Also your card is beautiful, i love all the colors and embellishments.
xxxSylvia

Debs M said...

great bp's and tilda looks fab! well done on the butterfly, saw it on mim x

NancyD said...

Love your pink and red together. Great composition and coloring. Saw it on MIM. NancyD

Lisa Minckler said...

WOW! Okay, where to start. I thought that the dress was paper pieced at first and then about fell on the floor when I read that you dotted that yourself...! That is just A- wait for it....MAZING! Looks wonderful and then that butterfly...when will we be seeing a tutorial of this? Coughhintcough.. ;)

Thank you SO much for sharing your always inspirational creativity with us at Make It Monday.
hugs to you,
Lisa xx

Pen to Paper said...

Beautiful and I love all the touches of red. The butterfly and doilie are beautiful!!!

Hugs,

Jackie

Carol Hurlock said...

Saw you beautiful card on Make It Monday and just had to tell you how beautiful it is. Your Tilda is just darling.

Rhonda Miller said...

This is gorgeous. I saw you card on Make it Monday.

Pam said...

Gorgeous card Cathy Lee!
Hugs....Pam:)

Chris said...

This is just adorable, Cathy Lee. I love what you did with her dress. Great idea! It's just such a sweet card for Valentine's Day! Thanks for joining us at Hooked on Craft Challenges!
Chris

Anonymous said...

Beautifully done. I love the spots on her dress
Hugs Julie P

Katie said...

How fabulous is this? Love the polka dots :)
Thanks for playing with us at Magnolia-Licious :)

Faye said...

Hiya Cath. I saw this over at MIM and just had to stop by to take a closer look and tell you how GORGEOUS I think it is. xx

Diane's Card Designs said...

Spotted you card over at MIM and just wanted to say how stunning it is. Love the image, colour and all the detail.
Diane xx
p.s pop on over to my blog and check out the 1/2 price stamps sale x

Patricia St Martin said...

I seen your card at MIM and wanted to tell you just how much I love your card.
Hugs, Patricia

Love your idea on how you keep you information on your challenges. Thanks for sharing.

zehra said...

Her dress is awesome, love the coloring, beautiful card. I saw you at MIM

Belz said...

This is gorgeous! I love what you've done with Tilda's dress! Congrats on making the top 3 at Hookedoncrafts. Belz xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...