Monday, March 19, 2012

Challenge #102 for CYP

Hello, Friends and Happy Monday. We are looking a lot like Spring here on the ranch in Colorado. Lots of gorgeous weather with temps in the 70s. My flower gardens are looking quite green and after hubby spent some time on it this weekend clearing dead leaves and debris we are seeing lots of early spring flowers breaking ground and a couple of Crocus and violets already flowered. I believe I have a bunch of Daffodils in the garden as well and when we bought the ranch last summer I had mentioned to the previous owners that I'm allergic to these gorgeous yellow beauties. So I hoped that they would remove them but I’m not sure as the green stemming looks to me like something that will make me turn into a plump red strawberry if I touch them. And itch, OMG, itch until I’m purple. So I will be watching and hubby will be digging if that is what they are. I was never allergic to these until about 8 years ago. When we (and by we I mean I) age our bodies change and with that change comes CIAOS!!! J

"Craft Your Passion - Challenge #102"
Our new challenge is up at Craft Your Passion and this week our theme is “No image, but make your sentiment the focal point.” Our wonderful sponsor this week is Simon Says Stamp. They have so many awesome products in the store. So stop over and check them out.
For my card this week I used a new technique I learned from an Archiver’s card making class I took a few weeks ago featuring the Tim Holtz Distress Ink  Stains. First I stamped a Hero Arts background stamp with Versamark ink, covered it with Seafoam embossing powder and heat set the image. Then I used the Distress Ink stains to color in the areas left from the embossed image. The colors I used were Pealed Paint, Scattered Straw and Victorian Velvet. This created my background paper for the card.
I also used some new embossing powders to create a blended effect for my Stampendous sentiment. The embossing colors are Wild Plum, Butterscotch and Lettuce from Adirondack. My lace trim is from Martha Stewart and I also stained it with Scattered Straw before gathering and adhering it to the card. My die cuts are from Spellbinders and the flowers are Hero Arts also stained with the Distress Ink colors. To finish the card I used some Hero Arts pearls and gems to match my color theme on my flowers and randomly around the card.

I’m entering this card in the following Challenges:

Make It Monday – Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by to have a look. I hope you have a great week!

Hugz,

7 comments:

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous Cathy,love the colours.xxx

Meihsia Liu said...

Such a lovely card. Saw it at MIM.

Patricia St Martin said...

Cathy, Wonderful card and the paper is so pretty with just some little touches make an awesome card.
Hugs, Patricia

Rene said...

Awesome...love the different colors in the sentiment!
Thank you so much for joining us at Make it Monday this week!
Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning! Good luck,
Rene :D

Lisa Jane said...

ooh i love the colours .. and that gorgeous ribbon
Lisa x

Anonymous said...

Such pretty yummy colours.Great techniques too.Beautiful card.
Lisa x

Michelle said...

Hi Cath

Fabulous card! The sentiment makes a great focal point and that gorgeous ribbon is perfect with the paper.

Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.

Michelle :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...