Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Midweek Magnolias - Buttons and Bows


Happy Hump Day, Friends!

I’m here with a reminder for Midweek Magnolias Challenge Blog. There's a week left for you to enter a card or project for our current challenge theme…

“Buttons & Bows”


My DT card features "Divine Tilda" from the Waiting for Christmas collection. My mother passed away a couple weeks ago and I made this card as a “Thank You” for one of her many good friends.


I used some pretty Maja Design paper (can never have enough of these!) and a new butterfly die from Frantic Stamper. The sentiment is from LOTV. I love these because they are so versatile with a variety of messaging in the middle of the stamp.


I colored Tilda with Copics and I smeared some Brushed Pewter Distress paint randomly over the card elements. I got a bit messy with it but it adds a lot of texture and sheen as you can see in this photo.


Here’s a close up of Tilda. I gave her some tiny eyelashes for a little character. Isn’t she adorable?

I hope I’ve inspired you to join us for the challenge. I’ll be back next week; see you then.

Hugz,

4 comments:

Céline said...

what a wonderful card as usual Cathy !
hugs
céline

Suzi Mac said...

This is just delightful Cath, I love all the wonderful details and your colouring is spectacular on this sweet Tilda. Amazing work hon.
Hugs Suzi x

Beth Brovold said...

WOW Cathy!! Simply GORGEOUS...your colouring is fabulous...love the eyelashes!!! What at beautifully designed card! Hope that you are well!
Take care,
Beth

Unknown said...

hello Cathy, I just wanted to tell you that your card was an inspiration for me to create my card I did for my mother in laws birthday. Visit me on YouTube to see what I created: https://youtu.be/t-5-95BFJQQ

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...