Friday, July 25, 2014

Just because - Blue Jean Baby


Hello, Friends. This post is a bit out of the ordinary for me as it has nothing to do with my DT responsibilities.

I am posting a card for FUN! What!?!...you say? LOL Well, I’ve been on vacation this week and started coloring a new image I purchased a couple weeks ago. I’ve wanted to color this cute “My-Besties Designs - Blue Jean Baby” and today was that day.


I used some of my Maja Design Vintage Autumn Basics papers from last fall to dress up my card and coordinate with my Copic colors on my image. She is soooo darn cute.


My card is a bit shabby-chic style with vintage seam binding, lace and lots of ink distressing.


Here’s a close up of "Blue Jean Baby."

Supplies:
Stamps – Sheri Baldy My-Besties: Blue Jean Baby; Hero Arts: Sweet Wonderful You
DPs/CS – Maja Designs: Vintage Autumn Basics; Bazzill &  DCWV CS; Making Memories: Silver Metals
Dies/Punches – Magnolia: Christmas Tags, Doily Flowers, Rounded Frames and Tags; La-La Land Crafts: Filigree Corner; Heart Doily Border, Heart Banner; Marianne Designs: Chinese Rose
Flowers – WOC
Ribbon/Lace – LLC: Lace; WOC: Vintage Seam Binding
Ink – Tsukineko: Memento Tuxedo Black; Ranger: Pumice Stone DI
Other – TPS: Oval Pearl; Maya Road: Vintage Trinkets; Recollections: Pearls

Copics – Skin: E35, E11, E00, E000, R20, R30. Hair: E27, E25, E31, E50. Apparel: BG09. BG07, BG05, BG02, RV14, RV13, RV10, RV00. Shadows: W5, W3, W1, W00, Colorless Blender.

I’m entering this card in the following Challenges:


Thanks for popping in to visit and have a great weekend…

Hugz,

10 comments:

Céline said...

so fab card Cathy, love the use of dies
hugs
céline

Elins Cards and other handscrafts said...

Hi Cath
What a gorgeous "just because" card :) I love the way you colour your cards.
Thanks for sharing.
Have a nice weekend.
Hug Elin

Shelly G said...

This is adorable! Beautiful coloring and great creation. I hope you enjoyed your time off and I'm glad you were able to create just for fun.

Patricia St Martin said...

Cathy she is just adorable. Summer this year has been really slow for card making. Love the dies you used and your coloring is wonderful.
Hugs, Pat

Emily Thubbron said...

Cathy, what a beautiful card. I love the blues. Thank you for joining us at Penny's for our Anything Goes challenger this week.

Emily T.
DT Member

Eulanda said...

Awwww I LOVE THIS! So pretty! I had to save it cuz I might have to case it one day. hee hee BTW - gorgeous banner you created for the Magnolia-licious website. Incredible actually. You are so talented! Hugs!

Emily Thubbron said...

Your card is beautiful, Cath. Love the banner. Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Crafter's Cafe this week for our Anything Goes challenge.

Emily T.
DT Member

Anonymous said...

She's so pretty, such gorgeous colours, nicely done
Hugs Julie P

Cara said...

Such a pretty card. Thanks for sharing this with us at Through The Craft Room Door. Please come play along with us again! (Hugs) Cara

Sоnia said...

Such a wonderful card with great attention to detail. Love the colours and embellishments. All the elements work so well together. Thanks for joining Fussy and Fancy Challenge, good luck xxx Sonia

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...