Friday, November 1, 2013

3D Shadow Boxes NOW at Magnolia-licious


Hello and Happy Friday, Magnolia Fans!

I have a new project to share with you. Magnolia-licious is now carrying 3D Shadow Box kits by La-La Land Crafts in the store. I so love these and have purchased several of them myself, so you’ll be seeing new projects in the coming weeks with these fabulous kits.


My Christmas Shadow Box features “In the Snow Scarf Tilda” and “In the Snow Heart Tilda” from the 2013 Winter Wonderland collection. I created a winter snowball fight scene with these two darling stamps. My Magnolias are colored with Copics and cut out for the scene. For "In the Snow Heart Tilda," I cut her little heart snowballs and attached them with acetate strips so they appear to be suspended in midair.


I added several elements of my own as well as those that are included in the kit. I used the Magnolia Snowy Forest die for my trees with a bit of Snow Writer and Glamour Dust for added texture and sparkle. I also hand cut my snowy hills and layered them for a 3 dimensional look. The hills got a coat of Shimmerz Paints Dazzlerz in Spun Sugar for shine. I love the mixed media of Shimmerz Paints and you’ll see lots more on my cards and projects.


Here’s another view of the Shadow Box. This is so fun to decorate and put together. 

I hope you've enjoyed my project. Check out the adorable Shadow Box kits in the Magnolia-licious store. Diana gives 2% store credit on each purchase. So stop over and pick up yours before they're all gone. They make great gifts and favors for those special family and friends on your holiday gift list.

Supplies:
Stamps – Magnolia: In the Snow Scarf Tilda, In the Snow Heart Tilda; Whimsy Stamps: Holiday Notables 1.
Ink – Memento: Black; SU: Early Espresso
Papers – Maja Designs: It’s Christmas Time; Bazzill cardstock smooth white; TPC: Arctic Gold Shimmer Paper.
Dies – Magnolia: Snowy Forest; Cameo: 3D Poinsettias designed by Cathy Lee; Marianne Designs: Poinsettia centers.
Other – Ranger: Evergreen Embossing Powder; Queen & Co.: Pearls; DecoArt: Snow Writer, Glamour Dust; Shimmerz Paints: Spun Sugar Dazzlerz.
Copic Colors – Skin: E35, E11, E00, E000, R20, R30. Hair: E37, E33, E50. Apparel: R39, R37, R35, R32, YR23, Y15, Y13, G28, YG67, YG17, YG03, E47, E44, E43, E42, C7, C5, C3, C2, B0000, Colorless Blender, Olive Multi-liner.

Thanks for stopping by; have a great weekend. 

Hugz,

14 comments:

ffenneke said...

Amazing!!! Love it!!!
hugs Fenneke

Karen said...

So very, very gorgeous!

Donna said...

Absolutely gorgeous Cathy.
Hugs
Donna xx

Anne said...

Oh this is so pretty! Love the gorgeous frame and the trees, the sentiment and colors, and the super cute images. :)

Hugs, Anne.

Ustvarjalni utrinki Tamara P. said...

Gorgeous 3d card
fantastic scene
hugs Tamara

NPurdum56 said...

Cathy this is soooooo cute! I love this! Your design is adorable! :) Nancee

Chris said...

Wow! You are soooooooooooooo talented! I love this! You did a splendid job. The Tildas you chose are fantastic AND colored so beautifully. What a lovely project and stellar example of your talent!

XO,
Chris

Kelly said...

I love the La La Land boxes too. You did a fabulous job on your scene! Your embellishing is nicely done so your images are enhanced. Your coloring is gorgeous and rich in color. Love the snowy trees, this is really nice Cathy.
Hugs Kelly

Karen said...

This is gorgeous! Love the scene you created. So nicely colored and designed.

Karen

cabio's craft corner said...

Oh Cathy, this shadow box is so fun. Love the rich coloring and the fun snowy background for them :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Sarah - Crea S said...

Beautiful Cathy! Love how you've coloured those two lovely girlies!
Hugs,
http://littlecreass.blogspot.be/

Unknown said...

OMG this is just gorgeous, I adore it. x

Vicky said...

Hi sweetie this is absolutely awesome, I soooooooooo love this scene you have created. Its fantastic!!!

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Julye said...

Very clever love this very clever and very effective thanks for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...