Thursday, July 12, 2012

Once Upon a Time...


Hello, Friends! I hope you are all enjoying your summer. It has been very warm here in Colorado which makes us stay indoors with the air-conditioning and allows me to spend time in my craft studio. However, we are heading into our monsoon season and that will help keep the temps down in the afternoon.

I made a card earlier this week and I’m just now getting around to posting it. I’ve had this “Tilda with Apple” forever it seems and finally made a card with her. She reminds me so much of Snow White that I tailored her dress for the character. I don’t know about you but I am a huge Disney fan and always have been. 
I used some pretty Magnolia papers with Bazzill cardstock. I distressed my butterfly paper and several of my die cuts with Forest Moss and Faded Jeans Distress ink. The green cardstock panel was embossed with a Cuttlebug Flower Embossing folder. Then I sponged Faded Jeans over the flowers to make them stand out and distressed the edges with Forest Moss.
For Tilda’s frame I used some white acrylic paint to distress the edges of my blue pattern paper then mounted my image with foam tape for dimension and added a strip of lace under the frame. I used my Memory Box, Meridian Border die as a banner by cutting slits between the scallops to allow it to bend naturally. Finally, I added my distressed fence and Honey Blossom die cuts and flowers.
I die cut my Magnolia Scalloped Tag, distressed with Faded Jeans and ran it through my printer for my sentiment then attached a seam binding bow.
I replicated some elements from the front of my card for the inside, ready for a personal message.
These are the Copics I used to color Tilda.

Supplies:
Cardstock – Bazzill
DPs – Magnolia
Flowers – WOC & Magnolia
Dies/Punches – Magnolia & Memory Box
Lace Trim – JoAnn’s
Embossing Folder – Cuttlebug
Distress Ink – Ranger
Seam Binding – WOC 

I’m entering this card in the following Challenges: 

Wild Orchid Crafts – Shabby Chic
Make It Monday – Linky Party
Thanks for stopping by...Have a great weekend.  

Hugz,

32 comments:

Christina C. said...

Oh my goodness, this is absolutely incredible! Love your coloring and all the spectacular details on this beauty!!!!! Gorgeous!

paperpapier said...

love the beautifully decorated card...the banner is stunning!
Heaney xx

Karen said...

Gorgeous card! I love the colors and the yellow on her dress spectacular.... Love the tag...May have to purchase that one....

Karen

Doreen Horats, Clayton said...

I love the frame, so cute and your colors are great and the card layout design is perfect.
Blessings Doreen

Patricia St Martin said...

WOWZER!!! Cathy you did a totally awesome job with this card. Tilda is so stunning as snow white you colored her perfect. You went over the top with all those awesome embellishment, layers and flowers I just love... love... love... everyone of them!
Hugs, Patricia

Kelly said...

Cathy Lee, I just posted a new card with Once Upon a...can you believe it! You have a gorgeous snow white with a awesome layout. Your coloring is so pretty and perfect on her. I love the flowers with the die cuts, your card is fabulous.

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful, love the die cuts, beautifully done
hugs Julie P

Suzi Mac said...

Wow Cathy, this is such a fabulous fairy tale card. I love your design, colouring and those flower accents. A gorgeous card.
Hugs
Suzi x

Rom-a said...

fascynujÄ…ca karteczka

angelwhispers said...

Cathy this is superb and a perfect take on "Snow White" she looks perfect and such wonderful detail. Love it Chanelle xxx

cathylynn said...

Another fabulous masterpiece! A fairytale come true. Fabulous coloring with tremendous die cuts! Great job!
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Pam said...

Wow! What a beautiful card. Love the coloring and the design is amazing.

Karen said...

omg....this is beautiful! I love all the dies that you used!! : )

Paula said...

LOVE this! Tilda is colored beautifully and the "frame"...awesome!! All of it is just gorgeous.

Frances said...

This card is beautiful, Cathy! Love the colors and wonderful details. hugs, Frances.

Carla S. said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Cathy! I love the layout and papers and beautiful embelishments! Wonderful coloring, too!

Suzan L said...

Hi Cathy Lee, your card is magical!! I love your beautiful coloring of Tilda and the beautiful floral arrangement on either side of her. The die cut that you have above her is wonderful as well. Just Beautiful!! Have a wonderful weekend!
Hugs,
Suzan

Elle said...

Cath, your card is absolutely gorgeous! Put together with such fine detail and design as well as colored to perfection.

Rene said...

This.Is.FABULOUS!!!!!!!
I don't even know where to start...the touches of color...the banner...the coloring? It's all perfection! AMAZING!
Rene :D

EnblogSail said...

This is a dream! So lovely:)
Carylleow"

Chris said...

Everything about this card is wonderful! You just captured Snow White beautifully. I love the design and all the layers. Well done!

XO,
Chris Christensen

Pam said...

WOW Cathy...this is adorable. Love your gorgeous coloring.
Hugs....Pam:)

Leslie said...

This is gorgeous! Love the Tilda and all your layers. Beautiful!
Hugs,
Leslie
http://leslieturner58.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Wow gorgeous card and design!!!!! Love this image and your coloring is perfect!!!!! Beautiful work!!!!!

Meihsia Liu said...

This is such a stunning card. Love all the beautiful elements and how you colouring the cute image. Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week. Hope to see you again soon... :)

Laura said...

Having two daughters growing up through these last two decades of Disney was a blast, and your sweet Tilda took me back. Love how you did her up as Snow White! Your entire card is gorgeous and I love your little sentiment tag!

♥ Laura C.

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is awesome Cath and would fit any age not just children. Your layout is gorgeous. I spotted you over at MIM this week.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Norma said...

Cathy, this is gorgeous. Love your colouring and the colours you used. Exquisite die cuts.
Hugs,
Norma

cabio's craft corner said...

Gorgeous card Cath. Love the pretty colored Tilda and the lovely design of this card. Beautiful use of the die cuts too :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Anne said...

Beautiful card! I love all the colors, gorgeous flowers and adorable image and sentiment.

Hugs, Anne.

Jenz Bitz 'n' Bobs said...

Oh wow what a gorgeous card. I love the colours on her dress it looks like a snow white style coloured dress. Your colouring is fab. Jenny x

Jean said...

Cathy Lee, this is so amazingly beautiful. Love the colors and the hidden sentiment and the frames used. love all your flowers and everything you used. It all blends together so well. A great card.
Hugs, Jean

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...