Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Wrapped and Unwrapped Mini Tilda

Hello Friends and Happy Wednesday! We are back from our cruise and we had a great time. We visited the Chacchoben Mayan ruins in Costa Maya and went snorkeling in Cozumel. This was our first trip to Mexico and we had some nice warm weather. It felt good to get away for a week and we missed the below zero temps here in Colorado while we were gone. How lucky is that!

By the way, I thought I would take this moment to remind you all that Craft Your Passion Challenges is celebrating our Holiday Havoc Blog Hop this Friday so don’t forget to stop by and join in the fun. There will be chances to win prizes and I will have candy up for grabs as well.

“Wrapped and Unwrapped Mini Tilda”
I finally got my project done that was inspired by Magnolia-licious Highlites “Wrapped Up Holiday Contest.” I envisioned something a little more extravagant but settled on a simple wreath ornament featuring both Wrapped and Unwrapped Mini Tilda stamps.  
The wreaths were cut with my Cricut from Joys of the Season and layered with multi colored green cardstock. I colored my mini Tildas with Copics then used a little gold Stickles on each.
I adhered the back of each image with strong thread so that they dangle in the middle of the wreath. I completed them with a bow and some red pearls.
They were very easy to make which is probably a good thing as I have been very busy since returning home from vacation.

I’m entering this project in the following Challenges:

Magnolia-licious Highlites - Wrapped Up Holiday Contest
Pixie Cottage – Anything Goes Christmas Style
Crafts & Me – Christmas
Creative Card Crew – Tis the Season
TOMIC – Christmas Decoration

Thanks for stopping by...

Hugz,

12 comments:

paper fun said...

Gorgeous wreath!!!! Your Tilda is Beautiful.

Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew.

Mari

Shan said...

Cathy Lee your wreaths are beautiful. I bet they look fab on the tree. I am glad to hear that you made it back safe from your trip and it sounds like you had a lot of fun. Hope you have a wonderful week.

Hugs
Shannin

Carla S. said...

Beautiful wreath ornaments, Cathy! Love the wreaths and the cute images! Hope you had a great trip!

RoseC said...

Cathy, your Tildas look wonderful on these fabulous wreaths. So glad to see your entry at the Crafts and Me digi team's "Christmas" challenge. ~ Rose

Mary Lou said...

Hi Cathy Lee~~ADORABLE!!! Well I haven't seen a Tilda that wasn't whether large or mini :) Wonderful wreath ornaments and I like the thread holding those beautifully colored sweeties in place!!! Thanks for joining in the fun with us at The Pixie Cottage--goood luck
Hugz

Unknown said...

Stunning creation.
Thanks for playing at the Pixie Cottage this week and good luck.
Francy

Maire Gamber said...

Aww, I love your project. Your Tildas in the wreaths are just gorgeous! Your coloring is perfection!
Hug;s,
Marie

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

These are really beautiful, wish I could use my cricut - its gathering dust never been used since I bought it in July!! Gosh your vacation sounds nice, I could certainly use some of that nice weather its snowing here!! x

Patti Jo said...

Your wreaths are a terrific way to frame these two mini Tilda's! Adorable!!! So glad you could join us at Magnolia-licious Highlights for the challenge!!!

Chris said...

Your Christmas wreaths are beautiful Cath! I love your colouring and the wonderful details and designs, I can imagine they'll be a wonderful addition to the Christmas tree. Thanks for entering TOMIC this week, Chris and the TOMIC Team :)

Diana Crick said...

Congratulations Nancy, You have won a "Surprise Package" in the Magnolia-licious Wrapped up Challenge. Please e-mail me with your address. ladydian@shaw.ca
Maggie hugs, Diana

Diana Crick said...

Woops typed too fast and listed your name wrong, I am so sorry it should read Cathy. Yes you did win!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...