Thursday, November 11, 2010

New Projects

Hello Friends,
I've been really crazy busy at work this week. I made a couple cards last weekend but I also worked as well so I didn't get my post up on Monday as I planned.

Anyway, these cards are not your typical seasonal cards like you'd expect but who could think about making fall or Christmas cards when it was 80 degrees out? Yeah...80 degrees on Saturday and 76 on Sunday. And today we had snow. Uh huh, that would be Colorado...lol But I love the weather here 'cause it is truly mild.

So I have a couple cards to share with you that I used some new pattern papers I bought recently and some new techniques. My new paper packs are the DCWV Linen Closet and the Cafe Mediterranean which has some of my favorite color combos, (blue & brown) and (orange & turquoise). I just love both of these combos.


This cute little Tilda stamp is actually from the Spooky Halloween collection and she has a broom behind her but I cut it off before I adhered it to the card.


I also made these cute little poppy flowers myself. I gave them several sprays of Turquoise and Iridescent Glimmer mist before I assembled them. I'll have to post a tutorial because these were so easy and I used an element I've not come across on YouTube or Vimeo tutorials and there are a lot of "How to" videos out there; believe me.


I've also been into making these sweet little boxes with my "very cool" MS scoring tool. They really serve as a dimensional envelope, but I always put them in another shipping envelope if they need to go through the post. I love creating coordinating elements for my cards. It just adds a little touch of elegance and creativity.


Here are the Copics I used to color Tilda.


This one was so fun to color. I used this sweet little C.C. Designs Swiss Pixie stamp called "Leisel and her Wheelbarrow" from All That Scraps. I've had it for some time but never used it and I just thought these colors would fit her very well.


I loved using my MS Butterfly border punch so I cut a few individually from turquoise cardstock and adhered them to the flowers. They also got a coat of stickles for some sparkle.


I made the large yellow rose and the tiny yellow rosebuds from the matching yellow cardstock. It was so simple and very fun to be able to coordinate the embellishments without having to run out to the store.


Here are the Copic colors I used for Leisel.


I also made this "Autumn Wishes" card for the CMC Copic Challenge Group. The challenge was "Fall" and I adore these Stampendous stamps with all the furry little wildlife animals. There's a squirrel, chipmunk, bunny and porcupine in the collection as well.

Well, I'm off to get my "Playful Pink & Happy Yellow" Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog card finished so I can post that. It will be on my blog sometime tomorrow.

Happy wishes to all...

Cathy



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...