Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Winter Theme at Magnolia-licious


Hello, Friends. I’m back with some inspiration to share with you for our new challenge at Magnolia-licious. This fortnight our theme is…

Winter!


My card features “North Pole Tilda” and “Show the Way Sign” from the New Winter Wonderland collection. I created a little winter scene with my stamps and colored them with Copics. I also added a lot of sparkle with Glamour Dust for the snowflakes and silver Stickles for Tilda's leggings.


I machine stitched my Magnolia designer paper and brushed the edges with Dazzlerz then distressed it with Walnut Stain.  I love the look of layered lace using fabric and paper. So I added a strip of sparkly mesh, tulle lace and Magnolia Christmas Lace to create lots of texture and dimension. Several of my dies were altered with glitter using my Xyron sticker maker. For me this is the easiest way to apply glitter to a large surface. I love this tool.


Here’s a photo from a different angle so that you can see all the sparkly effects.

I made all my flowers with dies this time using Magnolia’s Poinsettia and Marianne Design’s Branch & Flower die. I finished the card with a pretty chipboard corner embossed with silver embossing tinsel and my sentiment was also heat embossed on my heart tag.


Here’s a close-up of Tilda.

Don’t forget to check out the deal of the day in the Magnolia-licious store. There’s always a great buy on stamps, markers and dies. In addition to the Magnolia collections old and new, Diana is adding new stamps from Wee Stamps, Wild Rose Studio, Penny Black and Candibeans stamps. They are all so adorable. Oh, and you gotta check out the cute new La-La Land Crafts 3D kits in the store. I made a Christmas Shadow Box a couple weeks ago. You can check it out here.


Don’t forget to leave a comment on any of the DT blogs and/or the Challenge blog for a chance to win a weekly prize. The winner is announced every week during the “W”ednesday post.


I hope I've inspired you to join us for the challenge. You’ll have a chance to win a prize from Magnolia-licious if you follow along with our winter theme.

I'm entering my card in the following challenges:

Supplies:
Papers – Magnolia: Snowflakes; TPC cardstock and shimmer paper
Dies – Magnolia: Christmas Poinsettia, So Wrapped Lovely Heart Tag, Christmas Lace, Slender Firs; Spellbinders: Floral Ovals; Marianne Deisgn: Icicles LR0135, Branch and Flower 1 LR0256
Ribbon/Lace –Wild Orchid Crafts: Danish Blue Vintage Seam Binding, White Tulle Lace; Tall Mouse: Silver Glitter Mesh
Ink – Memento: Black; Ranger DI: Walnut Stain; SU: Night of Navy
Other – Wild Orchid Crafts: Silver Double Head Pearls, Silver Bead Berry Spray; Blue Fern Studios: Vine corner; Hobby Lobby: Charm and Bells; Shimmerz Paints: Spun Sugar Dazzlerz; La-La Land Crafts: North Pole chipboard; Martha Stewart: Crystal Fine Glitter; SNS: Cerulean Embossing Powder; Ranger: Silver Embossing Tinsel; DecoArt: Glamour Dust; Ranger: Silver Stickles; Machine Stitching.
Copic Colors – Skin: E35, E11, E00, E000, R20, R30. Hair: E37, E35 YR23, Y23. Apparel: B97, B95, B93, C5 C3, C1. Sign and Background: E25, E31, E50, B91, C3, B000, B0000, Colorless Blender.

Thanks for stopping by; have a great week. 

Hugz,

30 comments:

Julye said...

Love the dark blue really looks like night time and sets off all the die cut trees and cute image thanks for sharing.

annemarie said...

your card is gorgeous and so perfect colored

hugs Annemarie

Mojca said...

What a cute and pretty image and just love how you decorated your gorgeous card. Hugs! MOjca

Cindy :) said...

Your card is beautiful Cathy, I just love all the layers and textures, so much to look and an enjoy, tfs.
The xyron is one of my fave tools as well for glittering up letters/ shapes, fast & easy with beautiful results every time :) Cindy
cinpot@msn.com

Beth Brovold said...

Oh my this is STUNNING Cathy!!Your colours are fabulous...everything is just PERFECT!!

Joey said...

Cathy this is so beautiful, gorgeous colourwork! Popped over from mim. Joey xx

RenateKreativ said...

Stunning card, perfect colors, love it.
Hugs Renate

Elizabeth said...

I saw this on FB and had to come over for a closer look. Love the gorgeous layering and fabulous coloring, Cathy. Beautiful! Hugs, Elizabeth xx

Suzi said...

Oh my word!! this is one of the nicest Xmas cards I've seen in a long time Cathy. Those rich colours, sparkle and embellishments all work so well together. Amazing work hon.
Hugs Suzi x

..Karen said...

This is so gorgeous!!! Love your coloring, so rich looking!

Chrissy said...

So gorgeous Cathy Lee...fabulous blue and white, Tilda is beautiful and love all the details...so pretty and fabulous colouring.

luv CHRISSYxx

Ustvarjalni utrinki Tamara P. said...

Gorgeous card
so fantastic colouring
details all design
hugs Tamara

Doreen Horats, Clayton said...

Your cards always amaze me, they are so fantastic, I wish I had your talent.
hugs Doreen

KOScraps4u said...

Wow saw this on MIM, beautiful colours and colouring. I love the blues and Tilda is so cute! Great card.

julieprice3 said...

Absolutely gorgeous Cathy, I love all the sparkles and that gorgeous paper, very pretty Hugs Julie P

Francy said...

Stunning and very sweet card, the colours and the stamp are fantastic.
Francy

Za ovinkom said...

Oh Cathy love your blue and white combo for winter cards. It's my favourite cobination. Love all die cuts and texture on your card. Precious!
Jasmina

Lisa S. said...

Gorgeous card! Love this image and the way you colored her. The dies and embellishments are wonderful on this winter card. Thanks for joining us at Make It Monday.

Laura said...

This is just So, So Pretty! I love the wintery feel to it and that lovely new Tilda stamp is colored up so beautifully as always. HUGGS

Laura C.

cathylynn said...

Totally beautiful! Great coloring and fantastic details too!
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Anne said...

Beautiful image and I just love allo the dies! Gorgeous colors and paper. :)

Hugs, Anne.

Vicky said...

Hi sweetie wow this is so so gorgeous. I lurve blue at christmas & this is really beautiful. Love the sound of using a xyron thingy to get glitter on easier......might look into getting one of those. Maybe santie will bring me one lol. Aweosme colouring as always hun.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Patricia St Martin said...

So stunning.... Love the blues and Tilda is so pretty. The white accents are a nice touch and the silver sparkle is perfect. Love the corner, lace and extra elements.
Hugs, Pat

Else Irene said...

Gorgeous! Thanks for joining us in the Wild Orchid Challenge this week ♥

stampingwithpeggie.blogspot.com said...

What a beauty. Love all the layers of die cuts.

Paper Tails said...

Gorgeous card! Just love the poinsettias.

Karen

Susan Kennedy said...

Saw you on MIm!! Wow!!! This is a gorgeous card! Love all the elements.. so much to look at!! Just beautiful!!

- Susan
{Scrap A Thousand Words}
{Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges} *New Challenge Blog*

Anet van Zyl said...

Beautiful and elegant card Cath, I love all the dies and the image.

Crea S said...

Hi Cathy, wow again a beautiful piece of art your showing us! Love all the blue, Tilda is coloured lovely and love all those different dies you've used!
Hugs,
http://littlecreass.blogspot.com/

Nancee Purdum said...

Oh so pretty! Love the blue! :) Nancee

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...